Easter Marketing IdeasBy joanne | 1st April | Marketing Ideas
My Easter Egg hunt this year has taken me into every major supermarket in a ten-mile radius! Whilst that may be ridiculous, it’s been fascinating from a marketing point of view…
Easter has become much more than simply chocolate eggs, with all the major retail chains now offering craft kits, Easter baskets and even Easter crackers. These ranged in price from £1 to £4 and it’s a fantastic additional sale for many retailers. (I spent an additional £2 and I don’t even have kids!)
The question is whether you could do the same thing with your products and services, for example:
- Special offers for the holidays – people will be out shopping and the RAC advise 22 million of us will be hitting the roads this weekend – will they be passing your business?
- Make the most of your signage – people are on the move, so ensure you can be seen
- Update your window – you should be changing your shop window every few weeks, but some Easter bunnies or an Easter Egg hunt could attract more people to linger
- Offer Easter eggs to customers – one hotel did this to excellent effect; leaving eggs outside the guest’s rooms on Easter Sunday – imagine their surprise.
- If you’re taking time off this Easter, make sure people can still reach you by diverting your calls and emails to your mobile – so you don’t miss any opportunities
- Create Easter-specific products. One food manufacturer is selling cup-cake kits this year – could you do something similar to make the best of the Easter marketing opportunity?
Good luck with the ideas and HAPPY EASTER from all at Showing Off