Get in Touch with Your CustomersBy joanne | 8th January | Marketing Ideas, Marketing Skills
There is no doubt I fall directly into the target audience of Renault’s new TV commercial. I love driving but, as an animal lover, I am accutely aware of climate change and our impact on the environment around us.
Renault has cleverly tapped into this modern dilemma and created what I consider to be one of the best adverts I have seen in a very long time.
With my marketing hat on, what do I think they’ve done right (that others can replicate)?
- They understand their target audience perfectly
- The narrative correctly describes people’s emotions and the dilemma they have between enjoying themselves and doing the right thing
- The advert uses the same language as their audience
- They don’t preach, dictate or insult anyone
- They don’t make light of the environmental situation
- They share what they as a company are doing to combat climate change
- And they offer a solution
To be fair, I’ve driven Renault’s and never been terribly impressed (I am admittedly a bit of a petrol head), but I can’t wait to test-drive their new range of electric cars.
Great job Renault (and your advertising agency) – well done. I hope many more advertisers follow your lead and wake up to the responsibility many modern consumers feel.